Thank you for following me xx

Thursday 1 December 2011

Bag It & Tag It! - Paper Play DT

Good morning peeps,
Today is the day Christmas happens in my house, hubby has already been up in the loft and brought down the mass of decorations. I always hate putting all the decs up as the house ends up trashed, and we are off  late night shopping later so it's a busy day for me.
The new Christmas tree arrived yesterday, & not posted through the letterbox either lol, I did have a bit of a shock when I opened the door to the courier as he was an ex-boyfriend that I hadn't seen in years, nice bloke but way too soppy & suffocating for my liking so he had to go lol.

Today is new challenge day at
& this week our challenge is
We have a fabulous sponsor this week which is of course

I have made a gift bag & tag for Jodie to match her card which is HERE and of course is my current blog header.
Ingredients -
Medium - Copics (for all images)
Sentiment - Magnolia, Postmarks - Lili Of The Valley
Flowers - Magnolia & Wild Orchid
Pearls - Melissa Frances & Wild Orchid
Lace - Magnolia (part of my TOMIC prize)
Twine & Bakers Twine - The Ribbon Girl

As I could use a larger image on the gift bag I have stamped the scene a little wider so you can see a bit more of the tree & fireplace. I coloured both images at the same time so I would use the exact same colours but apologies I didn't note down the Copic colours


I stamped a Magnolia Mini Gift Giving Tilda onto the die cut Scalloped Tag & have drawn around the die onto Kraft card & cut it out so I could mat the die cut.
The twirly thingy I made using Martha Stewart micro beads and the pin is also handmade (tutorials can be found by clicking the tutorial page under my blog header if you are interested). The snowflake is a Whimsey die & the zig zags are die cut using a Marianne die called Decorative Elegance.

This is the reverse of the gift bag.
Other ingredients not previously listed are -
Image - Magnolia Tilda With Cross Stitched Heart, Christmas trees Magnolia Doo Hickey & Marianne creatables, Magnolia snowflakes, Memory Box Snowflake corner, the large bell charms were from an ugly wreath from the pound shop which I bought so I could dismantle it for the embellies.
I have coloured the Christmas trees really quickly and roughly using Copics and added liquid applique and glamour dust for that lovely sparkle.
I've no time to enter challenges today.

 Here is Jodie's book card & gift bag together.
I'm not happy with Magnolia as they have brought the Simon Says Stamp advert deadline for Magnolia Ink forward & my cards didn't make it to America in time to be featured on the back of Magnolia Ink grrrrr.
On a brighter note on the SIMON SAYS STAMP STORE BLOG our lovely Steph is featuring 12 Christmas Tilda's for the first 12 days in December which is something Steph started last year & it was very popular so hop over to the Store blog all you Maggie fans.

When I was linking up products I noticed there are loads of products at discounted prices at the moment, so if you are having a little crafty spend or making a wish list pop over & take a peek.

Thanks for stopping by

45 comments:

  1. Mandy oh my goodness these are GORGEOUS! I love the images and they are colored beautifully as always and all the wonderful details. I hope you are having a wonderful week.

    Hugs
    Shannin

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooooooh wooooooow they are wonderfull. i realy love them.

    hugs
    angelique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is so beautiful
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mandy! These are beautiful! Gorgeous colours and details :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Mandy
    These are stunning and gorgeous love all the detail and fabulous colour's
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mandy,

    this works looks sooooo great. I wish I was the recipient.

    Many Hugs
    Kati

    ReplyDelete
  7. Вау! Дуже гарно!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Card!
    Sorry about this Mandy but my Security is not happy with your blog at the moment.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your gift bag is gorgeous Mandy, so much pretty detail and a beautiful scene
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. MAGNIFICNET~~BRILLIANT~~ JUST WONDROUS!!!
    Happy decorating~~I am starting today also :D
    Hugz and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. GASP.....what an incredible work of art you created here! OMG, I loooooove this gorgeous card and gift bag. It is a feast for the eyes.
    Wish I had a tenth of your talent, Mandy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this looks lovely! Great idea to make a matching bag for the card. How weir to have your trea delivered and the delivery guy turning out to be an ex boyfriend, lol :p Hugs, Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Mandy this is devine, soooo gorgeous and I love it.....
    Ready to put the decks up and I hate the mess too, but what can you do.....you made me alugh at the old boyfriend story, did you look fab when you opened the door ??????????????? I only ask because if it were me, I would be a wreck...lol...I just know it...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mandy, what a gorgeous set of creations, my you have been busy! So many beautiful details and work, Jodie is going to be very pleased with all these. What a coincidence about the delivery man! Have a lovely evening, Hugs, Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the bag and the card. I already said I'd loved the header. lol. Gorgeous card Mandy. Ha!!! you've got your tree. Did'nt have time to have mine down from the loft so hopefully tomorrow.
    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Mandy this is stunning hun, gorgeous design and scene, I just love the detail. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, bag & tag, Mandy absolutely stunning set.
    hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Many these are stunning, love the colours and your gorgeous design, they look terrific.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so beautiful!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my God, Mandy your bag is absolutly amazing! i love all that details, so fab colouring (i need to try your technic for the trees!) i'm fell in love !
    hugs
    céline dt paperplay

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Mandy! How gorgeous. And Im sure it was a right shock when you opened your door! At least you got your tree though. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, wow, WOW Mandy. Just stunning, what are you going to pop inside? Your daughter is one lucky lady x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A gorgeous bag. I love the scenes and all the embellishments.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mandy this is gorgeous - a gift in itself.
    Hugs
    Denise xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, wow, wow... Mandy your work is breathtaking...!!!
    Big Hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  26. The cheek not letting you know about the deadline off with their heads lol,

    love this set hunny, great images and colours,

    PS YOU HAVE MAIL!!!!!! LOL

    hope you enjoy your tree and your shopping,

    pps where did you find the liquid applique as I can't find any any where lol, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are just stunning, those tear drop shape pearls look stunning and there are so many fab details, love them
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Wow this is incredible I adore your scenes thay are just incredible. I love your embellies too every one is so pretty , Sorry about magnolia that is just bad !!!! Great idea for the matting on the tag too !! This should be on the front cover of the Magnolia magazine !! Kitty ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG Mandy, that is so absolutely stunning!! Love this, so many details I just keep looking and looking. Wow hun, wow wow wow!!!! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing gift bag simply stunningly beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, Mandy, this project is fantastic!! The details are amazing!! Truthfully I am speechless which doesn't happen very often.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Mandy , what a great giftbag !! Beautiful scene you have made. And such a great colouring ! Big compliment. Christa.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is so beautiful Mandy. Great colouring and design. Love it.

    Greetings Henny.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, Mandy, I'm speekless. What I see is so wonderful, I love also the colours.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow Mandy again Wow one stunning and beautifully coloured card. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. I don't know where you get your ideas - but, I'm glad you do !! Could you bottle your inspiration, please - you'd make a fortune !! A truly stunning card Mandy, I haven't taken it all in yet but I will !!

    Hugs, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh wow, this is wonderful. I like the scene you made and all the little details. It fits so well together and it give me a christmas feeling already.

    Hugs, Nanda

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow!!! This is STUNNING Mandy!!!! Love how you have decorated both front and back!
    Hugs
    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG Mandy this is out of this world beautiful, that matching set is breathtaking brilliant creations.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow Mandy, this is a gift in itself and I would be over the moon so I'm sure Jodie will absolutely love it. Gorgeous embellishments as always, a girl after my own heart. Hope you are well.
    Hugs Tracy x
    Have you seen the Envelope Boxes for sale on my Blog, hop over HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This bag is incredible!Fantastic work!!!
    Xmas Hugs
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  42. oh mandy - do i dare ask how many hours you spent on this card & gift? i looks amazing tho! Every detail is breath taking! good thinking on spreading the scene out - it really fits the bag perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  43. ahhh sooo beautiful!!! lucky one will receive these... i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. this is absolutely magnificent! fantastic job!

    hugs a nd kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  45. You just left me without words... this is amazing!!!
    I love this project and love the new header here :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins