Thank you for following me xx

Monday 21 October 2013

Snow, Snow & More Snow - Whiff Of Joy GDT & Simon Says Stamp's New Holiday Release

Good morning peeps,
It's a wet & windy day here today & I have a day off which means it's a perfect day for playing in my craft room &  catching up with some bloggy friends :)
Today I have two cards to share......
My first card is my
card and I have used one of the super cute stamps from the new release called "Let It Snow"
I've been having trouble with adding this stamp in Inlinkz for some reason so I have linked it above instead of in Inlinkz.
 The copic colours I've used are -
Girl - skin - E11, E00, E000, R12, hair - E25, E31, E50, coat - RV95, RV93, RV91 / C1, C0, C00, tights - R85, R83, R81 / N5, N3, N1, boots - W4, W2, W00.
Snowman - C3, C1, C00, sticks/arms - E37, E35, E31, hat - C9, C7, C5 / W6, W4, W1, scarf - R85, R83, R81 / N5, N3, N1, nose - YR27, YR24, YR21
Bird - E44, E43, E41 / E79/ R59,R56, R27
The large white snowflake I picked up at a supermarket last year, my flowers are a mix of Magnolia, Kort & Godt & Prima, & my papers are also Magnolia.
I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Make It Monday - anything goes,  Ladybug Crafts Ink - anything goes, Sparkle n Sprinkle - anything goes with glitter, Challenges 4 Everybody - anything goes, Jo's Scrap Shack - anything goes, Polka Doodles - Christmas is coming, Sister Act Card Challenge - anything goes, Stampin' For The Weekend - anything goes


 I have also been playing with some of Simon Says Stamps new Holiday release goodies, I am one very lucky girlie to be sent all these gorgeous goodies (thank you Heidi x)
As us crafters get stung with excessive postal charges when sending cards with raised embellies on & with lots of Christmas cards to send I am determined to make some CAS flat cards as they are much cheaper to post, & also much quicker to make. It's not easy when my little hands instinctively want to plunge into my baskets of flowers but I have managed 5 so far, & here is one of them.
I've used another of Simon's lovely stencils and masked it over some kraft paper and then gave it a good spray. I have stitched a piece of vellum across the centre of my card & finished it off with a pretty sparkly "Kate" snowflake & Simon's new "Merry Christmas" die.
I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
 UnstampaBelles - stitching, Crafting When We Can - sparkle
I need a fresh cup of coffee ready for a blogging session, is it too early for chocolate I wonder mmmm lol. 
Thanks for stopping by


26 comments:

  1. OMG Mandy what a lovely pretty cards, love especially the first one, so girly!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards Mandy! Beautiful details and colouring!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw Mandy!!!! YOur cards are marvellous!!!! Love how you attached the vellum by stitching it, so clever!!!!! I love them both, so different and yet so beautiful. Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just packed with prettiness. Loving the kraft colour with the pink.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both look gorgeous! The first one is so colourfull and the second is very classy!
    Hugs,
    http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are gorgeous Mandy. I love the sweet image, colours and design of the first one. The flowers are stunning.
    The second is very striking.
    I sometimes have trouble adding items in inlinkz. It happens when the companies wont let you right click on the images.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Pink snowy card... Love the image.. Adorable.. and your coloring is Beautiful!! Gorgeous Details and sewing. Beautiful Design papers and Flowers! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mandy~~finally taking time to visit :) I've been busy busy....helping kiddos remodel and new baby girl arrived--she is 9 days old--OMG what a blessing grandkids are!!! So my time has been with them :) Your cards dear are FABULOUS!! Everytime I see your card I want to give sewing a try---yup I gonna sometime soon:o) I know what you mean about simple cards but you done GOOD!!!
    Happy day to you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stunning card , just adorable
    Thanks for joining Digi Choosday at Polkadoodles and good luck
    Susan xxx Happy Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops.....I am back, I should read a post properly (blushes). So glad that you have the second card with all the stitching as your work is beautiful. Also glad you took the time to enter it into our challenge at Unstampabelles for our stitching challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mandy surely you know it's never too early for chocolate! lol Your cards are as always simply stunning. I love all the little embellishments you add - and what a great find that snowflake was. Thanks for joining us at Stampin For The Weekend and Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards, both of them. Love all the embellies. Your flatter card is a good idea for postage! Simon's stuff is so delicious too. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles for our current challenge - use stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful card , wow , the colors the Flowers and all the lovely layers ! Thank you so much for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges , I hope you join us again !

    Mayra DTM
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling card, Mandy! Wonderful layers and your stitching looks great! Such sweetness and beautiful coloring. And now I must switch hats. Thank you for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle this month! I hope you will submit more of your pretty cards to the challenge in the future! hugs, Donna {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so endearing and also beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! Thanks for sharing and taking part in our challenge at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a terrific card! I love the embellishments. Terrific job! Thanks for joining us at MIM.

    hugs,
    Rocio

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a precious card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Sister Act! Hope you will be back again, soon!

    Hugs~
    Trisha-DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeos cards. Love the pink with the Kraft. Your coloring is spectacular! Design and embellies are fabulous. ♥ this!Thank you for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges this week.

    Amy ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are both great cards. I really love your colour choice in the first one and the colouring is great. The idea of misting white over craft for the snowflakes on the second is fantastic. Thanks for sharing with UnstampaBelles.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mandy, your card is really pretty. Great use of the glitter and the lace and the snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month. Come back soon. Hugs, Barbara { personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!! Fabulous card and image Mandy. Visiting from MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow I am in awe of this super stunning card! Thanks for joining our very first Digi Chooseday challenge and good luck!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card! Love all the layers, stitching and great colours.... spotted this beauty on MIM! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins