Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Make Your Own Background - Simon Says Stamp DT Card

Hello lovely peeps,
I am loving the late Summer warm, sunny days we are having at the moment they are just perfect for me as I'm a wimp in the cold and a whinger when it's too hot lol.
I have had so many card orders this last few weeks and I have at last ticked off all the orders I had to make which was a huge sigh of relief, I just need to get myself organised with my blog again and I will at last have caught up with myself at last :)

On to today's card -
 

 at
& this week our challenge is
 
 My lovely teamies and I are featuring Gelato's on our cards this week, if you have any we'd love to see them but as always it's not compulsory to use them to join our challenge.
   I've only used Gelato's once before and that was to colour an image with so creating the background was a little challenge for me
I used Gelato's to watercolour my papers and I love them. I added more colour to some areas as I didn't want the paper to be all one shade and then I painted some watered down Gesso (included in the kit) over the top in places before adding some embossing paste using stencils.
 
The Copic colours I've used are -
skin - E11, E00, E000, R12, hair E44, E43, E41 clothes - C3, C1, C00 / RV55, RV52, RV000 / R85, R83, R81 

50dollar_voucher_600px
As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 

Simon Says Stamp
Don't forget to visit the new SIMON SAYS STAMP STORE BLOG  for lots of fabulous inspiration, candy, and lots of  lovely new or featured products.
 http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/ 

That's me finished for today peeps, thanks for stopping by 
 

18 comments:

  1. so so so very pretty :) i admire your ability to layer and add dimension without distracting you from the focal image- beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used gel atoms for a background...but I bought some! Great inspiration to try it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Mandy, I love the background you created and the little deer with Tilda is so cute :-) love his little bell too :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. PURE sweetness, Mandy - love these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy, this is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mandy, what a stunning card and so pretty as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing , love everything about it :)
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swoon! Your card is just stunning, Mandy...but then you know I am an avid follower! Love your pretty handmade background and all the beautiful texture and details that you've added...amazing! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Mandy! gorgeous, luv the sweet image! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    sparkle 7 shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. The is beautiful and I love the papers you have created.
    Love the layers and embellishments.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is absolutely stunning... such a sweet Tilda & I love all the added extra's too :)

    love n hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Mandy, such a pretty pink and lovely Tilda.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Mandy - absolutely stunning - the whole thing is a work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Mandy. I love your soft background, just perfect for your cards. So very pretty.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet card, Mandy! I love Tilda's hair in this stamp and how you colored it!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stunning Mandy!! Absolutely gorgeous!

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  17. One of my favorite cards! This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins