Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 10 February 2016

One Layer!!!- Simon Says Stamp DT & Magnolia Flower Cart

Good morning lovely peeps!
It's been a busy few days as my sisters & I have begun the sad task of starting to sort through my mum & Tony's belongings.
Although it has been really sad at times we have also been laughing loads at some of the things we have found like our old school reports, & photographs we hoped would never see the light of day again they are that embarrassing lol.

Today I have two totally different style cards to share with you :)


It's Wednesday which means .........
 at
& this week our challenge is
ONE LAYER!
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.
Do you use Instagram ?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 

 This week my lovely teamies & I are featuring 
PAPER SMOOCHES
  goodies on our cards. You don't have to use them to enter our challenge but we'd love to see them if you do.
One layer, eeeeeeeeek! 
I hate this card lol. I've only just about got my head around CAS cards but one layer has caused me to almost have a total melt down lol. It's seems kind of something & nothing to me with no pretty papers or embossed backgrounds & creating it caused much sighing from me as this theme certainly did what it's supposed to & challenge me!

I've used Simon's Custom Copic Friendly card stock for this card and it was lovely to colour on. I still can't believe I actually coloured on my card blank & my copics didn't bleed through the inside either so it's a thumbs up for me using this card stock :)
50dollar_voucher_600px
As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 

Simon Says Stamp
The copic colours I've used are -
C3, C1, C00 / R85, R81 / G43, G21, G40
I'm entering my card in the following Challenge -
Show Us Your Pussies - Kitty Love

Now I'm going to breathe again and show you a much more "Mandy card" which is one I created a little while ago & discovered this morning saved in a draft post & realised I've never blogged it!
I love this Magnolia Flower Cart stamp, it's so pretty.

This card was created for a custom order & I sometimes find it's difficult to create a card specifically for a lady who I don't know & when I asked her husband a few questions to point me in the right direction of creating a card she would like, here's how "helpful" he was! -

Q - What colours does Sandra like?
A - Anything I think! You choose!

Q - Would you like an image / picture as a focal point?
A - If you like!

Q - If I use an image would Sandra like flowers, animals, or people?
A - Yes, any of them sound nice!

Q - Would Sandra like lots of pretty embellishments to make it really feminine like roses, butterflies, ribbons, pearls, lace etc, or would she prefer something less fussy?
A - I'm not sure, what do you think?????

Q - What sentiment would you like? Just a standard birthday greeting or would you like Sandra's name on the front of the card, or wife, or both?
A - I'll leave you to decide!

Q - Would you mind if I stick pins in your eyes or shall I decide for you?
A - What! What have I done?

Men! Hahaha.
The copic colours I've used are -
Flower cart - W6, W4, W2, W0, box - E37, E35, E31, flowerpot - E15, E13, E11, bucket - C3, C1, C00, baskets - E44, E43, E41, parasol - R12, R01, R000, flowers - R12, R01, R00 / RV52, RV10, RV000/ YR21, YR20, YR000 / E30, E40, E50 / G43, G40, G21 / YG95, YG93, YG91
I'm entering my card in the following challenges - 
 Clear It Out - anything goes / stash -twine,  Sweet Stamps - anything goes, Inspiration Destination No72 - anything goes,

We are having a break from house clearing today, hubs has had his shopping fix to keep him happy as we've been an done our monthly grocery shop this morning, so I am hoping I get a few uninterrupted hours to catch up with blogging friends & play in my craft room. I am now itching to make a "proper" card as so far this year I have only made two cards & they were both really quick & easy, so I am going to dust off a Tilda, pretty papers, lace & flowers & play, play, play :)

Thanks for stopping by



14 comments:

  1. gorgeous cards Mandy, it's true the 2nd one is much more 'you' but the first CAS one is stunning! the grey with the delicate pink butterflies is so pretty!
    you made me laugh with the chat too hahaha, I am sure Sandra will have loved her card, with or without hubby's 'help' ;-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy it's good to hear your sense of humour sneaking thru your sadness! I have too say I LOVE the first card - different from you but perfect. Must be good cardstock to not bleed thru tho I don't use these pens can imagine they are similar in bleeding to PMs. And the second one I couldn't see thru my tears of laughter with your conversation with your customer!!!! But it is stunning too and I do hope Sandra loved it with all the effort he put into its design ha ha!! Stay happy reminiscing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Mandy, it is HARD to do these 1-layer cards! But I think you did a fine job, that cat is so cute she needs to be all by herself! Love your wonderful 2nd card, too, full of your beautiful layers! I'm sure Sandra adored it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cat card!
    cute!
    and this with flowers is so nice
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Mandy, your SSS is adorable with a beautifully coloured cute ketty and sweet details!! Your Magnolia is stunning with gorgeous colouring with fabulous embellishments!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I love your one layer kitty card and your gorgeous garden Mandy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this was out of your comfort zone, Mandy, but I think it turned out totally cute! Love the way you sprinkled pearls into it :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cat card! Your shading is perfect. And the shimmery ribbon is a wonderful detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mandy, what gorgeousness !! i love your cards always stunning!.
    I to been sorting mum's things out and oh the things she kept!, made me laugh and cry!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW what a gorgeous design, beautifully colored, love the stitching and wonderful embellishments. Thank you for joining our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card. So lovely with all the flowers.
    Thanks for palying with us at Inspiration Destination.
    Good luck, Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGoodness - what delightful cards. I too struggle with CAS so I know exactly what you went through. Fabulous colouring on the sweet kitty. The floral card is really stunning.
    Thank you very much for purring along to SUYP Cats Challenges :-)

    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous. Beautiful details and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at sweetstamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That card is to DIE FOR!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins