Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Add Some Shimmer! - Simon Says Stamp DT

Good afternoon lovely peeps!
I was getting a little worried if I would be able to post today as my laptop seems to be having a few issues with Windows 10 which fingers crossed I have now sorted!
I was so annoyed with myself as I went to publish 15 comments on my last post and accidentally hit delete instead of publish so it's not been a great week for me & technology! Thankfully I had read them all & think I can remember who my visitors were to return a visit. I've done this once before & thought about removing the comment moderation but I know I would miss reading some comments, so it stays on for now and I vow to be very careful!

It's Wednesday which means -
 at
& this week our challenge is
ADD SOME SHIMMER
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.
Do you use Instagram ?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 

 This week my lovely teamies & I are featuring some lovely 
Lindy's Stamp Gang
   goodies on our cards. You don't have to use them to enter our challenge but we'd love to see them if you do.
Lindy's Stamp Gang kindly sent all of the DT some gorgeous products to play with for this challenge so a big thank you to them :)

I am not very adventurous with sprays and inks & after a few failed attempts at creating backgrounds for my card which looked hideous & all went straight in the bin, I changed my plan of what to create & randomly stamped Simon's beautiful Spring Flowers stamps in Versamark Watermark ink, then I sprinkled some white Hero Arts embossing powder over the stamped images before setting the powder with my heat gun. I decided I would use the Mermaid Seashells powders to water colour with & these powders are so easy to water colour with & they blend beautifully. I also spritzed my Prima flower with a little Scintillating Silver spray. 

The shimmer on my card looks beautiful but sadly my camera didn't pick it up well so I will take more photos after work & hopefully will get a good one to add to my post.

As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 

Simon Says Stamp


 I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Lemon Shortbread - anything goes, Craft-Dee BowZ - anything goes with a bow,  Not Just Cards - anything goes.Our Crafty Corner - anything goes, The Paper Nest Dolls - anything goes,  Creative Moments - anything goes, Inspiration Destination - anything goes, The Crafty Addicts - anything goes.

My next card some of you may have already seen last week on Instagram but I couldn't post it here until I had sorted out my Windows 10 issues. 

On this card I have featured some beautiful new Hydrangea Petal dies from Simon's fabulous new
release.

The image is from Simon's "My Favorite" release & is from Suzy's Watercolor Every Occasion Notes & I decided to be brave & experiment using my copics & they worked perfectly on this card stock :)
I die cut the pretty Hydrangea Petals using plain white card & then coloured them with my copics before shaping, sprinkling with glitter & adding a pearl to the center of each petal.
These dies could have been made for me as I love Hydrangeas which you may have already noticed by how often I use my MS Hydrangea punch :)


That's me finished for today, thanks for stopping by

8 comments:

  1. Such lovely florals today, Mandy - they surely made me smile this morning! I have been putting off installing Windows 10, and after hearing your experience, I think I'll try to live without it......I've had problems everytime I have upgraded windows in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Mandy, both of them are absolute stunners! I love the white embossed and delicately colored flowers on the first one and the 2nd one is so pretty! I have those hydrangea dies and haven't used them yet :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 gorgeous cards. Love the first one but totally adore the second!! I am having problems with Windows 10 too sadly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bouth cards are amazing
    love your work Mandy
    big hug Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Mandy!! Love the soft shading :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous. Love those colors and stamps.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Mandy - I'm here at last when Lols has helped me sorting out my comment!! A beautiful card Mandy with such pretty colours along with such pretty colours!!


    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins