Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 14 June 2017

Embossing - Simon Says Stamp DT

Good afternoon lovely peeps!
A blogging friend said to me recently that they like visiting my blog because she never knows what she's going to see as I make cards in so many different styles! I'm hoping that's a good thing as I don't always know what style I am going to create in until it happens lol.


It's Wednesday which means -
 at
& this week our challenge is -
EMBOSSING

& this week the design team are featuring

Wow! logo

on our cards.
If you have them we would love to see them but as always it's not compulsory to use them to enter our challenge.
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.
Do you use Instagram?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 


My card today features some lovely opaque white embossing powder by WOW. 
I am a big fan of white embossing powder & have 5 different brands of white embossing powder so thought I would use silver for a change, but I wasn't happy with it so out came the good old white again.

The pretty flower stamps are from Simon Says Stamps Best Mom Ever stamp set & have been stamped in Versamark Watermark ink, heat embossed & coloured with copics. I then fussy cut them & gave them the lovely glitter treatment, attached some leaves & then gently curved the flowers & popped them onto my nestie die cuts.

For the background I've heat embossed Impression Obsessions French Text stamp onto Ranger Speciality card stock & then water coloured the background & added a few flicks of copic opaque white here and there & also a few flicks of water colour paint.

I'd seen on several cards on Pinterest the sentiment had been embossed / stamped on a black background with white embossing powder or ink & I liked how the sentiment looked so thought I'd give it a try & I do like the result so will be doing this again.
As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 


I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Crafty Creations - anything goes, Crafting From The Heart - anything goes,  Inspiration Destination - anything goes, Lemon Shortbread - anything goes, Creative Moments  anything goes, The Paper Shelter - tie a bow, Sisterhood Of Crafters - use your imagination (anything goes), The Crafty Addicts - anything goes, Create & Makes - anything goes, Everybody Art - birthday


That's me finished for today, thanks for stopping by

18 comments:

  1. Mandy, your card is breath taking. Saw you over on the Simon page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful as always lovely.
    Hope you are enjoying the weather and not been working too hard ?
    Sending lots of hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Mandy :-) the white embossing looks fabulous with the delicate pink flowers, so pretty :-) the whole design is stunning! LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to visit your blog, too, Mandy, as I am always awed by what you do every week! This is so swoonable and feminine - I'm pinning it. .....maybe I should give you your own board on my Pinterest boards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous card Mandy, I love seeing what all the SSS DT create each week, you're all so very talented. XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Mandy! I love the effect. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! Ciao, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a BEAUTIFUL creation Mandy! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Use Your Imagination’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Mandy! Wonderful coloring and elegant layers~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Embossalicious Mandy!! So very soft and pretty and love how the black 'you' pops! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning!!!
    Thank you for sharing your creative talent at the Challenge at Creative Moments, good luck!
    Looking forward to see you at the next challenge

    X
    Diana
    DT member at Creative Moments
    Diana's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card. Love the embossed image and glitter. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood's "Use Your Imagination" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Love how the YOU pops off the pretty pink palette :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your card is lovely Mandy. Your embossing is amazing. I love the soft colours with the black sentiment. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge this week.
    Patsy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those stunning sparkly roses, such a gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hope to see you back soon again. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. So wonderful and lovely Card! Thanks for joining us at EAC. Hugs Michi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!!! Love the design..
    Thanks for playing with us at TPS this week, good luck! Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins