Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Christmas Gift Tag - Simon Says Stamp DT

Good afternoon lovely peeps!
I can't believe it's November the 1st already! It's time to really get cracking with some Christmas crafts as I am very behind this year due to having some health problems.


It's Wednesday which means -

 at
& this week our challenge is
Christmas Gift Tag!
& this week the design team are featuring our own brand

 Simon Says Stamp Exclusives 

products on our cards.
If you have them we would love to see them but as always it's not compulsory to use them to enter our challenge.

We are also joining in with, and sponsoring, Tracey McNeely’s 25 tags of Christmas so you have 2 chances to win a $50 Gift Certificate! One on this challenge and one on Tracey’s Blog!
We are kick starting the event as today is Day 1
CLICK HERE to add your tag to Day 1 of the 25 Tags Of Christmas link system
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.
Do you use Instagram?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 


For this weeks challenge I have created two different Christmas Gift Tags featuring lots of Simon's lovely products. 

To create this little tag I stamped Simon's Christmas Sweater background stamp in Versamark Watermark ink onto white card stock & heat embossed it using white embossing powder. 
I stamped the cute Nutcracker image & baubles form the Retro Christmas stamp set in Memento ink onto X-Press Copic card stock & coloured the image with copics. The "To You From Me" sentiment stamp is also from the same Retro Christmas stamp set.
I fussy cut my little Nutcracker & baubles, added a little sparkle & then foam mounted them onto my tag. I then added some May Arts Twine & Nuvo Morning Dew Crystal Drops to finish.

The copic colours I've used are -
skin - E11, E00, E000, R30, hair - C3, C1, C00, mouth - R59, R56, R39, clothes - E35, E33, E31 / YR24, YR21, YR20 / C9, C7, C5. baubles - E44, E43, E41 / E42, E41, E40 / W4, W2, W0 / C3, C1, C00.


My second tag today features Simon's lovely Holiday Tree Medallion stencil which I have stenciled on white card stock in Broken China distress ink. I then added some flicks of colour using some other distress inks in Faded Jeans & Salty Ocean & also added some tiny drops of Simply White Nuvo Crystal Drops to the background.
I die cut the word "Winter" from Simon's Winter Snow wafer die set in blue glitter card from Heidi Swapp's Marquee paper pad & die cut a couple of pretty snowflakes using Simon's Stitched Snowflakes die & popped these on my tag along with some twine & larger crystal drops.

Other supplies used -


As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 



I'm entering my tags in the following challenges -
Crafty Creations - anything goes, Crafting From The Heart - anything goes,  Inspiration Destination - anything goes, Lemon Shortbread - anything goes, Creative Moments  anything goes, The Crafty Addicts - anything goes, Create & Makes - anything goes

That's me finished for today!
Thanks for stopping by

34 comments:

  1. They are just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous tags and so much wonderful detail on both. I think the snowflake one is my fave, simply because I LOVE snowflakes! Thanks so much for the inspiration. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty Christmas tags! I especially love the nut cracker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that nutcracker - how fun! And love your stencilled snowflake tag, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sweater background on that cute nutcracker tag, and your winter snowflake tag is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that adorable nutcracker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome tags, both are gorgeous but I must say I love the nutcracker tag so much with the sweater background in white, the snowflake tag is equally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are gorgeous lovely and it's fab to see you creating xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the nutcracker.
    Hadn't seen him before.
    Wonderful tags.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mandy, love both tags, and went with your stenciled look for my tag. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic tags Mandy. That nutcracker image is so sweet! Also love the sonwflakes. Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really great! I love the nutcracker and the black glittery sentiment - wow! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your fun tags! The color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both fabulous! I especially like the snowflake tag since I tend to put things off and need a bazillion at a moment's notice, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE how you brought the Nutcracker to life, Mandy! Perfect coloring as always! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That little nutcracker is so festive and fun, Mandy, with fantastic detailing and awesome colouring ... the delicacy of the stencilled snowflake is fabulous, such a great sense of cool frostiness about it! Delighted to be Guest Designing alongside you at SSSW! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the backgrounds on both of your tags.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW Mandy, these are fantastic, esp. the first one.
    I hope your heath is improving and you have a good holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable nutcracker tag & I love the beautiful winter one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great traditional and snowflake design tags.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am in love with your pretty nutcracker tag!!!! Thank you for sharing all your creations with us at 25 Days of Tags.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both tags are so cute, and I'm loving that little nutcracker! The sponged color behind the winter tag looks amazing too. Wonderful tags!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such pretty tags. I especially love the Nutcracker one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great tags, love the Nutcracker one :) Hope you are feeling better
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute tags - love the nutcracker.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your winter wonderland tag is beautiful and stunning coloring of the nutcracker. This season snuck up on me, too. Wishing you many healthier days ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins