Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Fizzy Moon With Flowers & MS Punch Around The Page Tutorial

Hello peeps,
I have a long post with loads of piccys for those of you who have asked for a tutorial for using the MS punch around the pages and framing cards using them.

Firstly I'll whizz on and share a little card I made while preparing the tutorial, I have at last got around to inking up a Fizzy Moon stamp Jodie bought me for Mothers Day which in the UK back in March, eek no wonder she thought I didn't like them as it's taken me so long to ink them lol.
Ingredients -
Image - Fizzy Moon
Medium - distressed inks
Papers - Wild Rose Studio
Flowers - Magnolia, Prima & stash




Martha Stewart punch around the page frame tutorial

Now for my very first tutorial so be gentle with me lol. I hope I've explained it all o.k, I've used loads of pic's to keep the waffle to a minimum.

Ingredients -
Card blank 5.12" square, a piece of card 6.75" square, Martha Stewart punch around the page, ink pad & cut & dry foam (both optional)
NB if you decorate the inside of your card you need to do this before adding the punched frame.

 This might seem really obvious to some but not everybody realises the corner punch has little "wings" that you pull out and can position the card accurately ready to punch out the corner.

 Punch out all four corners on the 6.75" piece of card

Line up the punched out corner directly over the part of the pattern you can see on the side of the central punch area. I've photographed it just below the pattern so you can see it properly

As well as lining up the punched pattern keep the card pushed up against the straight lip as if it isn't flush the next corner won't line up.


After doing your first punched edge move the card along and align as you would on an ordinary border punch until you get to the last run of card and align this with the pattern you've already punched along the edge, and also with the half pattern on the opposite side of the central punch area (as shown below) and continue this around the card.


 After a quick inspection by Georgie I knew it was lined up right lol.

You should now have a punched edge square and can ink the edges if you want to.
I then put double sided tape all around the edge of the inked front of the punched square, and on the front of my card blank.

I then line up and stick the FRONT of my card blank onto the BACK of the MS punched square, as you can see in the piccy of the back of the card it fits perfectly inside the punched frame.

You can adjust the size of the card front according to how much of the punched frame you want to have visible and also depending on the depth of the border of the MS punch as some do vary a little. For example on this card I have overlapped the punched pattern by making a card front 5.14" square and the space between the framed edges are 5.12" (14.1cm) across. Measure across the front of the frame from patterned edge to patterned edge to decide what size you want to make the front


 I have made up my card front already and now that the punched frame is stuck to my card blank I then take my made up card front and stick it to the front of the punched square frame.

 I don't always make up my card front separately but found it easier to show you by doing it this way and also if I'm using brads as the back of the brad that's been pushed through the card front will be hidden when the card is assembled, so build the card up whichever way you prefer.

I then get flowering and glittering and the card is finished except for the insert which is the very last thing I add & I always write it before I stick it inside the card using double sided tape as due to the frame when opened out the card does not lie flush which can make it difficult to write in.
I really hope you understood that, If not give me a shout :)

I'll be back shortly with my
Simon Says Stamp DT card as I'm playing catch up with everything now.
Thanks for stopping by

58 comments:

  1. ooooooh how lovely, thanks for the idea :)

    greetings
    angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does add a beautiful finishing touch to the card, and a gorgeous card it is with beautiful flowers.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to say thanks for the tut.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandy,
    Gorgeous card,love your colouring of the image :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh fab tutorial, do you make your own envelopes to fit them? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooow Mandy another fab. card - the colours and papers are delicious, thanks for the little workshop! Hugs Janine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card as always :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo Mandy! Fab card and such a simple-to-follow tutorial too so well done! Just a wee query - how do you work out what size your card should be or am I stoopid? eg would it work with all size card fronts or does it depends on what punch you have? Glad to see ya back - thought you had gone awol!! :)X Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant tutorial Mandy.Thanks for taking the time to show us all.Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowww that is a real stunner Mandy! Love your colouringjob!!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi hun fab tutorial, you make it look so easy, love your nails, mine always break before they get near the top of my finger lol,

    hope your ok, speak soon, ps is your internet sorted? hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi gorgeous card and very easy to follow. Thankyou your wee tips are a great help
    . Thanks Kitty :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the tutorial Mandy, your card is stunning (as always !!)and the colours gorgeous !!!

    Hugs, sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tutorial and gorgeous card,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW this is fab, what a beautiful card and thank you for the tutorial. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mandy, this is beautiful.. I so want that punch set now... thank you for the tutorial... I actually have a leaves set that punches around the page... might have a play tomorrow...
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done Mandy a really fabulous tutorial one you can really understand and follow. Stunning card to, love those fuzzy moon images they are so cute. with hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card. Beautiful details. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely card and your tutorial great.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the details! Postcard Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card and fab tutorial, thank you lovely lady xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card and fab tutorial (fab nails too!) - thankyou :-) Love the fizzy moon image :-) Thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley. Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card Mandy, thanks for thr tut.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, such a gorgeous card - I love the image and the way you've added your flowers.
    Thanks for the tutorial on the punched frame.
    Love, Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. found ya fab tutorial and love the assistance you received

    Hugs and thank you
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card and FAB tutorial... thanks so much for taking the time to post it!
    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely gorgeous Mandy and a great take on my sketch. I love Fizzy Moon and the PATP is just fab. Thanks for playing along this week with SS&S. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for the tutorial, it's the clearest one I've seen! Hopefully now I'll no longer have to chuck attempts that aren't lined up properly or have plain chunks of unpunched card in the middle of my patp efforts!!

    Your finished card is adorable!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Mandy , great photos and instructions .Result, a beautiful card . Thanks for sharing and linking to Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a wonderful card!
    Devine papers and details, and the image is colored to perfection ♥
    Thank you for playing with us at Sketchy Colors,
    hugs from Maya

    ReplyDelete
  31. AnonymousMay 12, 2011

    Wow, wow, wow Mandy! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!!
    Thank You for joining us at Mami Doodles and good luck in the draw ◕‿◕

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for joining our "Dust off your stash" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow this is a beautiful creation, fabulous image,
    and lovely colour combo

    Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 133 Dust off your Stash/Something Neglected

    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely card and great tutorial for the punches :o)

    Thaks for joining us at secret crafter this week

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  35. Mandy you do such beautiful work! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great card and fabby tutorial!! Thx for joining us at the Make It Monday link party!

    Mary J x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your card is amazing. Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday ......

    Hugs
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  38. AnonymousMay 14, 2011

    Very pretty card, love the delicate colours, and what a great tutorial! brilliant thanks for sharing this with us! you should of added Tip next to your name! as your sharing a Tutorial and that's a mega tip! great take on this weeks challenge, thanks for joining us, hugs Samantha Top Tip Tuesday :0)

    ReplyDelete
  39. very pretty! love the soft colors and the punch around frame is gorgeous! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  40. wow gorgeous card Mandy and thanks for the tut!!! it will really help me!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is a fantastic tutorial and I love the card you have created - it is beautiful. Your colors are wonderful and the image is adorable. Thanks for sharing and joining us this week at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  42. adorable card...great colouring...thanks for playing with FFF's challenge For The Girls!
    I also spotted you at Make it Monday!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  43. I LOVE this card Mandy!! It it adorable!! Thanks for playing along with our "Anything Goes" Challenge this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  44. Mandy this card is beautiful!!! I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  45. AnonymousMay 17, 2011

    Beautiful card! Thanks for the tutorial and I'm glad that Georgie approved.

    ReplyDelete
  46. MANDY I LOVE YOU!!! YOU have renewed my faith in the punch around the page thing!! OMG I never knew what the measurements were supposed to be & of course I put the instructions somewhere safe! LOL! Thanks so much! Your card is divine. Coloring is perfect with fantastic flower arrangements! Thanks so much for joining in our FOR THE GIRLZ challenge at FFF this week. Best of luck to you! Can't wait to see what you bring to the table for next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your creation and tutorial are fabulous Mandy! Thanks for joining our 'anything goes' challenge at Penny's and we look forward to seeing you again!

    Darlene
    PPCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  48. AnonymousJune 14, 2011

    SOO lovely!!! This is a really pretty card, love the soft colours.
    with best wishes from Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Ooooh Mandy! Thank you so much for such a brilliant tutorial!!! You so ROCK!!! If I ever do this, I'll make sure to refer back to this wonderful tutorial!!! Thank you!!!

    Big Hugs to You!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  50. Thank you Mandy for the tutorial, its a great help. Love your work you are one of my favourites :-) Hugs Denise

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank you for replying to my email and thanks for this brilliant tutorial. I love the way Georgie inspects your work, I have a little furry helper who has a passion for my flower embellies!!!!! Hugs Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  52. Made me chuckle when I saw the photo of your quality control inspector!!!
    Thank you for a great tutorial.
    xxx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thank you for a great tutorial, so easy to follow. I've just followed it and made my first PATP and am delighted with the result! Really does set off the Christmas card I've made for my Daughter, I'm sure she'll love it. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge. Am going to post it on my blog, I shall mention that you gave me the idea and your tutorial.
    Hugs,
    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  54. Very beautiful punch! Love this card!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thanks for the shout on your tutorial on my blog Mandy.
    You have done it perfectly. Now the proof is in the pudding when I have a go Lol x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thank you for a great toturial - I totally adore the way you use the Martha Stewart punch around the page punches and will totally "steal" it and use it myself.

    Hugz
    Ea

    ReplyDelete
  57. Mandy thanks for showing us this, i e-mailed you a while back but doh i shudda looked for it under tuts first!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thank you so much for this tutorial. I've been eyeing your cards and just love them all...can't wait to try this on one of my cards!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins