Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 24 July 2013

Sweet Strawberry Willow - Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge DT

Hello lovely peeps,
It's been a strange few weeks here and life is very slowly returning to "normal" if ever life can be normal lol.
We all had a night out together on Saturday and went to see Gareth's & Rob's (my nephew) band playing at a local music festival & I may be a little biased but they were brilliant, the crowd loved them & they are the only band to ever be cheered and shouted for an encore and the festival has been held for many years so I was one very proud muma / auntie, & naturally I had to celebrate with rather a lot of Bacardi & lemonade lol.

Gareth                          Rob                         Charley

It's a case of taking one day at a time for us all at the moment and it was so lovely to all go out together and meet up with lots of friends and enjoy ourselves. I think it did us all good & lifted everyone's mood, family, friends, great music, oh and Bacardi of course what more does a girl need :)


Today is the start of our new challenge at
& this week our challenge is
SUMMER FOOD & /OR DRINK
we have an inspirational picture for you

My lovely teamies & I are featuring HERO ARTS products on our cards this week, if you have them we'd love to see them but as always it's not compulsory to enter our challenge.
 I've inked up one of my many neglected Whiff Of Joy stamps for today's card and I confess I did forget about showcasing Hero Arts products on my card although it did already have Hero Arts pearls on it I inked up a cute Hero Arts strawberry stamp & added a row of strawberries too :)
The flowers are all plain white Prima flowers and I used a pale green copic G40 to add some colour to the center of the flowers and layered them before adding a pearl as a finishing touch
The copic colours I've used are -
skin - E11, E00, E000, R12, hair - E44, E43, E41, dress - E53, E51, E50 / C3, C1, C00 / G43, YG13, YG11 / YG95, YG93, YG91, basket - E44, E43, E41, grass - YG13, YG93, YG91, YG63, G43, strawberries - R89, R59, R39
   Simon Says Stamp
Don't forget to visit the new SIMON SAYS STAMP STORE BLOG  for lots of fabulous inspiration, candy, and lots of  lovely new or featured products.
 Simon Says Stamp Blog
 I'm entering my card in the following challenges - 
Make It Monday - anything goes, Crafts & Me - anything goes, Crafty Creations - Summer, Divas By Design - anything goes, The Paper Shelter - anything goes, Ruby's Rainbow - layer it up, 
I've just remembered I have other cards I haven't yet blogged so hopefully I will  be able to get back into the swing of blogging more often again :)
That's me done for today lovely peeps
Thanks for stopping by


29 comments:

  1. Great card, Mandy! The image is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, this is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunningly awesome as always sweetie - so fresh and feminine, loving the colour scheme xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling, Mandy, love that bower of flowers you made above her!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty card Mandy, love the flowers
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super adorable card Mandy!! Just stunning!!

    I'm so sorry for your loss! I just read about it now. So very sad when a young life is taken!! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Mandy, lovely to see Sweet Strawberry Willow

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! so gorgeous Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Mandy :-) the image and whole design is fabulous ,, I love how you added the row of strawberries too :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    Glad you had a good night out ,,, I am not a Bacardi girl unless it is whizzed with fresh watermelon,,, then I LOVE it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card, you know it's hard for me to part with my older WOJ stamps they are just perfect for so many occasions. TFS and reminding me to rummage through my stash of willows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun filled evening for you and your family! I think your card is so pretty as always. Love your florals and your coloring, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card, the row of vibrant strawbs just finishes it off perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Mandy, this is gorgeous. This stamp is from one of the first sets I got at WOJ. You've colored her beautifully and your flower arch is stunning. Beautifully created! "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like you had a good night lol -beautiful card and image love the flower arch,wooden birds and layout
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card, and congratulations to the band :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such cute image and fabulous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Mandy, your card looks so lovely and romantic!! Absolutely fantastic. Hugs, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mandy, Love the image and soft colours and the arch of flowers is wonderful.
    Sounds like you had an amazing night hun.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mandy this is great, a beautiful image and gorgeous flowers and strawberries to frame it, thanks for sharing it with us at divas, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mandy...so glad to read that you had a FUN nite out:). Your card is adorable and beautiful with the added strawberries :o).
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. a gorgeous card!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww what a cutie! Great image and I love your layout with the flowers and strawberries :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us in celebrating "Summer" at Crafty Creations this week!
    Tracey F., Crafty Creations Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow what a beautiful card.Love all the layers - so stylish too.Thanks for joining in with us over at Ruby's Rainbow.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning card! Beautiful colouring too. I'm not normally a fan of light green, but this really, really works!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mandy girl... I love the Flowers and the colors on this one.. FAB sewing too.. But the flowers really stand out!.. gorgeous work.. And I see that i gotta get started shopping again.. so many new Dies I haven´t got the chance to buy... Gorgeous Border die.. :o)
    repainting the craft room .. well finished with that. But Haven´t got the furniture up yet.. I wish I had IKEA nearby... ( But I do not.. ) :o(.. I Need so much furniture and shelfs... Big Hug from me! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins