Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Lacy Scrolls! - Simon Says Stamp DT

Hello lovely peeps!
Today is one of those days that I feel absolutely shattered & I'd like nothing more than to just curl up on the sofa & watch a Christmas film while eating chocolate, or cake, or both lol.

A few posts ago I said how much I thought blogging had been affected by the "like" button on Facebook & after a very enjoyable afternoon blog hopping I found I was not alone as other blog friends were also saying the same thing. Yesterday I read on the lovely Squirrels blog that she also felt the same & is "making a stand" & is hoping to revive our love of blogging in 2016. If you still enjoy blogging please hop over and read the lovely Squirrels post HERE.


 It's Wednesday which means ..........    

 at
& this week our challenge is
ANYTHING GOES
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
We are showcasing
ALTENEW
 products on our cards this week.
You don’t have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.

Do you use Instagram ?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 

I will happily admit I am not the best at getting on with clear stamps & stamping in solid colour I just can't quite achieve the even, beautifully stamped images that others do & when my lovely DT parcel arrived I realized I had picked the wrong stamps for me to feature as they required stamping in solid colour! 

Not one to be beaten without a good fight I stamped the beautiful flowers with Hero Arts Soft Sky Shadow Ink & the leaves in Simon Says Stamps Leaf Green ink. I wanted to add a lot of depth to the flowers & leaves so I used my copics to do this, and then went over the outlines of the petals using a white gel pen. Problem solved & I'm actually pretty pleased with the result! Goodness knows why I haven't tried this before instead of stamping masses of images that I'm never happy with!
The lovely sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps Square Sayings stamp set which I think must be sold out as I couldn't find it in store, sorry peeps!

I didn't sew my papers like I usually do as I created this card in the early hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep & I didn't want to risk the sound of my sewing machine waking hubs & Gareth up as I wouldn't have been popular lol. I used my Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circles die for the smaller of the circle die cuts instead of sewing my card stock, then die cut a circle using nesties & layered them onto a doily.

The copic colours I've used are -
Flowers - V28, V25, V22, V20 / N7. N5, N3, leaves - YG06, G94, G43, G40 & white gel pen.
50dollar_voucher_600px
As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 

Simon Says Stamp

  I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
 Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper - anything goes, The Sisters Of Craft - anything goes

My Etsy Shop
That's me finished for today peeps!
Thanks for stopping by

23 comments:

  1. Stamping problem solved in a more than fabulous way Mandy!! I bought some from SU and am absolutely rubbish in getting them properly on the paper so we can shake hands *lol*!!!
    I commented on Squirrel's Blog, I HATE FB!
    Much more happy with a couple of well meant comments than all those easy thumbs up!!!

    xx Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow Mandy this is one stunning and incredibly beautiful creation those flowers are awesome. I agree with you totally I am first and foremost a Blogger and very rarely visit FB.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Mandy! I love those flowers you stamped and a fab effect with the gel pen and creating the depth with your copics is indeed a good idea. hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, Mandy! I just love how you blended the flowers! WOW!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is amazing
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful is your card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Mandy, a lovely design and beautifully coloured the stunning flowers and fabulously embellished!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's stunning hun, beautiful colouring and design, what in poor light as well!!! don't think you need a good light then, it's better than mine in daylight!!
    Hope your ok hun? not heard from you for ages,
    hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Card!.. Is it embossed?... Love the white edges.. And Beautiful Colouring!!.. And those stitched circles.. very cool... no sewing needed...
    I agree.. not so many visit blogs anymore.. I try to go comment if I see something I like on FB.. and try not to comment so much on FB.. -Because I love to get real comments myself..
    That been said.. FB takes so much time, I almost never have time to really go blogging anymore.. -I have to do something about that.. -I will go and read the blog you mentioned now.
    I wish you a great time before christmas, I actually had a small workshop with two of my friends on monday, -and they had to come back yesterday to finish... I would newer have known that they found painting images so much fun... I think I will invite more friends home for the same thing next week I am home.. -Important to spend time together.. And what a Great Way to do it! Big Hugs from Norway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mandy, Don't faint...'tis I...haha.....I couldn't agree more, we have been saying about the problem with blogging, it seems to be slipping away, and without it I would be lost....I will go and read the post....and I think your card is beautiful too...xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card! My mom would be in love with the lovely lavenders and I'm adoring with the amazing shading! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Mandy! yes I still love blogging, actually I do love blogging, because I take time to read a post, take time to admire a creation that also took time to put together, and deserves more than an ephemeral like on Facebook, and because when I comment on a blog, I take time with the artist and share a precious moment. I love your card, so elegant and stylish. Awesome coloring of those pretty flowers, I love your idea of going over the outlines with a white gel pen. Sending love! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning flowers Mandy!

    hope you have a super weekend!

    sparkle & shine, kindness! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hay Mandy,

    I'm reaching over the many miles there are between us to give you a SUPER BIG HUG. I know what its like when you feel shattered. I hope its ok that I'm praying for you.

    This said, your card is just gorgeous, you have a wonderful talent of using all the lace and layering. You've inspired me!

    blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. These flowers are colored so beautifully. I've never tried stamping the flowers then adding more color with Copics but I love the look so I'm going to give it a go sometime! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Mandy 😊 Your coloring is amazing,such a beautiful design too, absolutely fabulous 😊
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so pretty, Mandy! Just love those flowers and I think your lacey background was the perfect choice to show them off!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your coloring is phenomenal! I love the idea of coloring over the image (if I could color like you some day. ;) ) Gorgeous~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mandy, you can't be beat! This card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card! I love the coloring on your flowers. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Only words that I can say is...STUNNING....!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins