Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Fantastic Forals - Simon Says Stamp DT Card

Good afternoon lovely peeps!
It will be a short post from me today as I will be half way through my thirteen hour shift by the time this publishes and I am beyond tired tonight & so looking forward to a much needed day off on Friday.


It's Wednesday which means -
 at
& this week our challenge is
Fantastic Florals
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.
Do you use Instagram?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 

My fabulous teamies & I are featuring

Altenew logo


 goodies on our creations this week. You don't have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we'd love to see them.


My card for this weeks challenge features the Altenew pretty Lacy Scrolls & Painted Butterflies stamp sets. These are both so pretty that I wanted to use both stamp sets on this card as they go so well together.
I have stamped the butterflies in Hero Arts shadow ink & then I layered some of the additional stamps in the set over it by stamping them with various Simon Says Stamp ink pads. & then added a little more shading here & there with my copics.
The pretty flowers were also stamped with pale shadow ink and then coloured up with my copics. After colouring the flowers I used a gel pen to highlight before fussy cutting & adhering onto my card.
The background was created by giving it a light watercolour wash with distress ink & stamping a few of the scrolls from the Lacy Scrolls stamp set & finally "splattering" a variety of distress inks on it.

Can you believe there are absolutely NO embellishments! This was for no other reason than I was incredibly tired & was relieved to have managed to make the card during what little time I have had off work so was happy to settle for it as it is.

The copic colours I've used are -
flowers - B23, B21, B41, B99, leaves - G94, YG63, YG61, YG05, G43, butterflies - B23, B21, B41.


As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 





That's me finished for today, thanks for stopping by

15 comments:

  1. Hey lovely, I hope you are feeling better ?
    This is so so beautiful ! the butterflies work perfectly with the flowers xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is absolutely stunning Mandy! Simply perfect! I love the whole design of this and have spent ages admiring it LOVE it :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly delightful and lovely, Mandy!! Love the layering and use of Altenew stamps! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card!
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card so much. It is very beautiful. I like the lacy scroll flowers very much, have the set, but have never used them. Your card inspires me to snap to it and get a floral arrangement on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a beautiful card Mandy. I don't even miss the embellishments. Gorgeous stamping and beautiful colouring.
    Greetings Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning design, Mandy! I love how you combined blues for such a gorgeous result! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely blues, Mandy! The flowers and butterflies are a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful and elegant is your card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. No embellishments are needed on your card - it's stunning just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful - can't imagine what you could make that is more beautiful than this when you are not exhausted. Thanks so much for sharing and Friday is almost here!!! Yea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a pretty card- and I can see it in a number of other monochromatic colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous coloring~

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!! sooooo elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins