Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 1 July 2015

We're Going Dotty! - Simon Says Stamp DT Card

Hello lovely peeps!
 We had a scorcher of a day here yesterday & typically I worked an 11 hour shift, & today it feels like a thunderstorm is waiting to happen!
We put the thermometer out in the garden at work & it was registering at 40 degrees in the sunshine & every time I walked through the lounge I kept glancing at the sofa & saying to the staff how nice it would be to just have a little lay down as we were all exhausted lol.

It's Wednesday which means ..........    
 at
& this week our challenge is
Going Dotty!
All you need is some spots / dots on your creations & you can play along. 

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
We are showcasing some lovely
Art Impressions
 products on our cards this week. You don’t have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.
Do you use Instagram ?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 
I've used the beautiful Watercolor 7.1 Arbor (American spelling!) stamp set on my card and it's stamped in various distress inks. I have shaded around the pretty arbor with chalk for a change as I discovered my chalks when moving my craft room! I have also dotted a few flowers among the grass using distress markers & used one of Simon's lovely sentiments from the "Perfect Love" stamp set to make this card suitable for many occasions.
50dollar_voucher_600px
As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 

Simon Says Stamp  
My next card today is a comissioned card for a lovely lady who is attending her friends wedding in Poland.
 I have used one of my favourite designs on this card and personalised it with the couples names & date of their wedding.
I have chosen the classic white on white or "WOW" as it's it also known & I always think it's a shame that no matter how white white paper flowers appear to look they are never quite as white as the paper / card stock.
My baby girl flies out for a two week holiday in Turkey tomorrow which to be honest I am slightly nervous about due recent events in Tunisia affecting so many poor families. I've become a stalker of the British Embassy checking that they aren't advising against travel to Marmaris, & maybe hoping just a tiny weeny bit that they do! 
I keep telling myself that practically everywhere in the world has stepped up security & my baby girl will come home all happy, relaxed & refreshed from her holiday but I'll still worry, I'm her mama so it's my job lol.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ASprinklingOfGlitter
That's me finished for today peeps, whatever you are doing I hope you have a lovely day.
Thanks for stopping by


16 comments:

  1. Mandy, this is absolutely beautiful! Your watercoloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Mandy :-) I love the first one, the trailing flowers and simple design are so pretty and the wedding card is stunning too :-)


    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards Mandy!! So pretty!

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutly amazing !!!!
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous my dear friend
    hugs to UK
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both beautiful cards Mandy, a gorgeous watercoloured arbor and a stunning wedding card!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning coloring, Mandy! Wow!!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards! Love love your watercoloured card. So pretty especially combined with the big polka dot pattern paper on the background.
    Hugs!
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woww these are reaally gorgeous Mandy!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 beauties again this week, Mandy! Love the big dots as your background for that gorgeous arbor, and your wedding card has been pinned for when I need an idea for something really special - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are stunners Mandy. Totally love the coloured arbour, it's so pretty. Sending best wishes to the happy couple who I'm sure will love your card. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello Mandy! sweet serene card the image and coloring are awesome! hope you have a FAB weekend!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm always in awe when I see your work, Mandy! These are both so beautiful--wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mandy, two gorgeous creations as always!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins