Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Make It Sparkle - Simon Says Stamp DT Card

Hello lovely peeps!
I can't believe it Christmas Eve tomorrow! December seems to have whizzed by so quickly & I have been very unproductive and lacking in festive cheer this year which I'm not stressing over anymore, it is what it is lol.

 It's Wednesday which means ..........    

 at
& this week our challenge is
MAKE IT SPARKLE!
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
We are showcasing
TECHNIQUE TUESDAY
 products on our creations this week.

You don’t have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.
Do you use Instagram ?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 
Unfortunately I cannot link up my Technique Tuesday sentiment stamp set as I chose it in my last DT spend from my lovely friends at Simon Says Stamp & I can't find it in store now so maybe I snagged the last one!

The copic colours I've used are -
skin - E11, E00, E000, R12, hair - E44, E43, E41, star - YR24, YR21, YR20, dress - G94, G43, YG23, baubles - B23, B21, B000 / V09. V04, V01. beads - YR24, YR21


50dollar_voucher_600px
As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 
I'm entering my card  in the following challenges -
 Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper - anything goes, The Sisters Of Craft - anything goes

I also have some really quick & easy cards to share which I created to feature a beautiful die called "Heart Breeze" from Simon Says Stamps new release
  "You Have My Heart"
Valentines-638x300

I wanted to show how versatile this pretty die is & that it's not just for the usual love themed cards like Valentine, Engagement & Weddings, so I have created a Christmas card & a Sympathy card featuring this lovely die.
These CAS cards took about 15 minutes to make them both which was about the time it took to colour Savanna's hair for the card above!
As you can see I have created both cards similar & added some of Simon's lovely sentiment stamps, pearls & Simon's Stitched Snowflakes & that's it as I wanted to keep the focal point as the pretty die.

I'm sure Christmas will be a very emotional one for my family this year as it's our first one without my mum & my baby boy is thousands of miles away in Australia. I also have to work on Christmas Day although I would much rather be spending the day caring for my family I will be looking after other peoples family members instead, so my family will have our Christmas Day on Boxing Day this year.

I think during next year I need to give up my career & find myself a nice little job in a cake shop! Why a cake shop you may wonder! Quite simply I love cake! Cakes are much prettier to look at than body parts, no huge amount of responsibility, late nights or nights on call, Christmas Day off every year, actually all bank holidays off & not forgetting all the lovely cakes, oh my goodness it sounds amazing lol.
My Etsy Shop
Whatever you are doing this Christmas I hope you have a wonderful time xxxxxxxxx

12 comments:

  1. OMG I need this die. It's awesome! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Mandy :-) I love the girl image, she is fabulous!

    love the set of cards too, very lovely xx

    Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas! Hope you have a fabulous time :-)
    love
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a FUN Christmas card, Mandy! Don't think I've seen that image before - love it! Enjoyed seeing your cards with the new heart die, too! Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and a fantastic New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Mandy love the top one that image is so cute the CAS style cards are wonderful, Merry Christmas
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling creation, Mandy! Wish you a BEAUTIFUL Christmas season and a happy, healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are stunning, Mandy. I always love to take a peek. If you ever decide to enter yourself in any challenges, I sure hope you will consider linking with us at Word Art Wednesday. We're SO excited to have SSS as our primary sponsor in 2016, and we also have lots of other fabulous sponsors, so I hope to see you there sometime soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth, Owner
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - Challenge
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. one word... WOW !
    merry christmas to you and yours
    big hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GORGEOUS, Mandy! Love the POP of the green tree dress! The valentine cards you made are lovely as well :)

    Merry Christmas!
    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha, how imaginative is your Christmas tree girl. It's just beautiful and your coloring makes it so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Mandy, I love the heart dies - so elegant. The Stamping Bella 'Christmas tree' is adorable, beautifully coloured and super embellishments!!
    Have a wonderful Christmas Mandy!!
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh hunny, well you will be loved for what you do, working on Christmas day, enjoy your Boxing day, even though i know you will miss your loved ones,
    Hope your Christmas is as lovely as can BE anyway hun,
    Love and hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins