Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 29 August 2018

Anything Goes - Simon Says Stamp DT

Good afternoon lovely peeps!
I have 3 cards to share with you today, my DT card and also a couple of quick cards created with Simon Says Stamp card kits.


 at
& this week our challenge is

ANYTHING GOES!

& this week the design team are featuring

Stampendous logo

products on our cards.
If you have them we would love to see them but as always it's not compulsory to use them to enter our challenge.
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.
Do you use Instagram?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 




This wasn't the card I had planned to share for today's challenge as I had chosen a Stampendous House Mouse stamp and coloured it before I checked if it was available but it had disappeared from the store, & as I didn't have time to colour another image I dug out this Snowy Postcard image to use.
I have stamped it using Simon's Fog Gray ink as I wanted a soft and shabby look and both the stamp & ink are beautiful but I hadn't thought about how well it would or wouldn't photograph especially in a shaker, & boy has it been a pest to take a half decent picture of! All in all I've not had the best week with my card lol.

I die cut the pretty poinsettia's and blended Spun Sugar distress ink over all of the die cuts pieces & on the largest Tattered Poinsettia I added Shabby Pink Frantage and heat set it, & on the two smaller Simon Says Stamp Poinsettia Parade flowers I have added lots of lovely sparkle using my Tonic Nuvo glue pen & Nuvo Snow Glow Sparkle Dust. I also die cut some Holly leaves using Simon's Holly Collage die and blended Pumice Stone distress ink over them and added the leaves to my flowers.

I also heat embossed Simon Says Stamps Christmas Sweater Background stamp in white embossing powder and then blended Pumice Stone distress ink over it before die cutting a rectangle panel using Simon's Bundle Of Stitched Shapes dies out of to create an overlay for my card.

 Other supplies used -
As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 




I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Crafty Creations - anything goes,  Lemon Shortbread - anything goes, Creative Moments  anything goes, The Crafty Addicts - anything goes, Create & Makes - anything goes, Digi Choosday - anything goes

My next cards were created using Simon Says Stamps August card kit called Mandy's Flowers. The kit sold out but the individual products are available to buy in store and are listed in the kits content list.
 On my first card I thought I would have a play with some Daniel Smith watercolours using Debby's palette which is a perfect starting point to try out these watercolors before spending out lots of money on individual tubes. Even me who is not a huge lover of, or the best at water colouring have found these lovely to work with & I will be buying more.

Supplies used - Monthly card kitCanson Water colour paper,  Hero Arts pearl.

My last card today has again been created using some of the contents of Simon's August card kit as so quick & easy I surprised myself as I usually fiddle & debate if I have done enough but I actually just left it alone after adding some Crystal Drops
I remembered after I had finished that there is the cutest, dinky bottle of Bubblegum Crystal Drops included in the kit which I could have used, I think it's just habit reaching for the Simply White Crystal Drops.

Just quickly before I go it's very nearly the best month in the paper crafting world! 
Yes the fabulous month of 
promises to bring lots of wonderful new Exclusive Simon products, inspiration, discounts & prizes galore so I hope you will join us :)



Thanks for stopping by

9 comments:

  1. You have been busy creating some beautiful cards. That first one is just dreamy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ! You never fail to disappoint me, Mandy ! The three cards are all so beautiful, elegant, and feminine as always. Each is so uniquely designed that I can't choose a favorite. The small pink tags on the second card really caught my eyes though. TFS. Have a good day :)

    Hugs
    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh WOW!! what a gorgeous set of cards Mandy!! the Christmas scene is so pretty, I love the soft shades and the whole scene you creates, beautiful!!
    Gorgeous card kit cards too! <3

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You used one of my favorite Stampendous stamps, Mandy, and embellished it beautifully! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are simply gorgeous!! THAT is one of my biggest fears!! I need to start looking to make sure the item I’m using is available BEFORE I start my card. I’ve had a couple panic moments when I couldn’t find the main product I had used. I really love the middle card, the watercolored one. You make it look so easy!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. so wonderful cards!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three are fabulous!! I love the watercolored rose! On the last card your drops look amazing! I love the varied sizes! Your first card is such a lovely vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am bowled over by the magic you create with floral images. But what I really love the most is the layering you did with the white shimmery absolutely gorgeous Poinsettias! You are amazing. Have a lovely day! xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mandy these are gorgeous! The soft colors make me smile! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins