Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 1 August 2018

Make Your Own Background - Simon Says Stamp DT

Good afternoon lovely peeps!
Another week has flown by and unfortunately I am back to work tomorrow after having a really lovely time off on annual leave. As much as I love my job I have enjoyed having more energy, sleeping properly without being on call and obviously having more time to spend in my craft room of course :)


 at
& this week our challenge is

MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND

& this week the design team are featuring

Concord & 9th logo

on our cards.
If you have them we would love to see them but as always it's not compulsory to use them to enter our challenge.
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.
Do you use Instagram?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 


This week I have chosen to feature Concord & 9th's lovely Happy Day Stamp Set which I have stamped in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured with my copics. I loved this set as soon as I saw it and couldn't wait to colour it. I have added lots of texture to the cake area using various copics and my colourless blender.
My background has been created using Simon Says Stamp's beautiful Modern Rose Background stamp which I received in the very pretty Mandy's Flowers August 2018 Card Kit. My background was stamped in Versamark Watermark ink and heat embossed using Simon Says Stamps white embossing powder. I then added some colour to my background using a light wash of Prima Shimmering Lights Watercolor Confections


The copic colours I've used are -
E43, E31, E41, E40 / E53, E51, E50 /  R12, R01, R000 / G94, G43, G40 / RV52, RV10, RV000 / R29, R27 / C3, C1, C00, 

 Other supplies used -
As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 




I'm entering my card in the following challenges -

Crafty Creations - anything goes, Crafting From The Heart - anything goes,  Inspiration Destination - anything goes, Lemon Shortbread - anything goes, Creative Moments  anything goes, The Crafty Addicts - anything goes, Create & Makes - anything goes

I also have a quick & easy card to share that I created using the pretty Flamingo stamp and Flamingo die from Simon's July 2018 Card kit.

I stamped the cute Flamingo using Ink on 3  Fadeout no line colouring ink and coloured it using Polychromo pencils before die cutting it & mounting it onto fun foam.

The background was really quick & easy to create I simply dabbed & flicked paint onto it using Prima Shimmering Lights Watercolor Confections and also some Nuvo Simply White Crystal Drops.

The sentiment is from Simon's beautiful Bouquet Of Thanks stamp set and has been stamped using Simon's Black ink.



It's my 31st Wedding Anniversary today & as it's my last day off I am making the most of it & having a lazy afternoon chilling with hubs & me being me I can't sit and do nothing so my copics are bound to make an appearance lol.
Thanks for stopping by

14 comments:

  1. Two beauties Mandy, that flamingo background looks amazing and that cake has now made me crave cake lol
    Glad you had some nice time off, I certainly don't ever miss the being on call !
    Lots of hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Mandy - such delicate coloring on the cake card, and I love the splattering on your flamingo one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Mandy :-) both of them are stunning!! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - Amazing - I got my rose bg stamp in the mail today - so inspired to use it now! Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love love your two cards so much, Mandy!! How elegant the colors are . Soft pink/coral colors are beautifully expressed and I really enjoyed looking at the lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the peachy palette of the first card and the fun speckles with the flamingo of the second card! Super fun, Mandy!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Such elegance. I really love the background you created for the second card, the flamingo blends yet stands out. Seriously, amazing! My jaw just dropped. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's stunning card!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Mandy, I especially love the flamingo background. Congrats on 31 years... Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are stunning!!! That cake is amazing and I love the background you created for your flamingo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, happy anniversary! Glad you've enjoyed some time off! Always love seeing your cards, Mandy--the first one is stunning & the flamingo card is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are gorgeous. I love the beautiful peachy colors of the first card. And the pink splatters on the 2nd one look really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous Mandy! I love the soft colors of both projects and that flamingo made me smile! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh that cake looks good enough to eat, I love the modern rose background I can't stop using it.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins