Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Emboss It - Simon Says Stamp DT & Birdie Love - Whiff Of Joy Guest Designer

Hello lovely peeps,
Oh my goodness how time flies! Everyday feels the same at the moment and I can't believe another week has passed already since I was last here!
I seem to have suddenly found my mojo yaaaaaayyyyy. For the first time I am wishing we didn't move my craft room to the attic as trying to relax & craft while needing to be on hand and keep an eye on hubby is pretty difficult when he's down in the lounge. Hopefully I have found the solution! I've bought a nice big plastic easy to carry tub with handles and can pop the bits & pieces in to make a card and bring them downstairs & sit at my old desk in my little old craft room & be close enough to keep popping my head round the door to check on hubs. It's a bit of a palaver I know but hopefully it will work out just until hubs is fit & well again & can be trusted to be left unsupervised lol. I'd much rather trot up & down stairs & a loft ladder carrying my tub of stash than not be able to craft or hear hubs if he needs me.

On to today's card -
 
for
& this week our challenge is
EMBOSS IT!

My lovely teamies and I are featuring Embossing Folders on our creations this week, if you have any we would love to see them but as always it's not compulsory to enter our challenge :)
As I've said before I love WOW cards (white on white) especially when they are embossed. I always think WOW cards look so elegant so hopefully I have made mine look elegant too.
I have used a pearl pen around my oval die cut for a change. I'm not normally happy with how my pearls look using a pearl pen so have never used them on a card but as I discovered a couple when sorting through my stash I thought I'd give them another try.

As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 
50dollar_voucher_600px 
Simon Says Stamp
Don't forget to visit the new SIMON SAYS STAMP STORE BLOG  for lots of fabulous inspiration, candy, and lots of  lovely new or featured products.
 http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/

 I'm entering my card in the following challenge -
Make It Monday - anything goes
--------
I also have another card to share as air head here has just realised I forgot to blog my last Guest Designer card for Whiff Of Joy on my own blog. 
 A big thank you to the lovely Katharina for inviting me over as a Guest Designer xx
 I have used some of my old favourite WOJ stamps on this card, sweet Willow will always be a fond favourite of mine.
Sorry peeps I can't remember which pad these papers came out of as they'd come loose among my huge paper stash.
 The copic colours I've used are - 
Willow - skin - E11, E000, E00, R12, hair - E27, E31, E50, dress - YR24, YR21, YR20, N3, N1.
Birds - E44, E43, E41
Bird Table -W6, W4, W2, W0 / C3, C1, C00
Flowers - R14, R12, R00, Leaves - YG95, YG93, Grass - YG67, YG63, YG05, YG13, G24
 That's me finished for today peep's, I am now sat with my feet up & a fresh cup of coffee ready for a much needed catch up blogging session :)
Thanks for stopping by

22 comments:

  1. Woww these are really stunning Mandy!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning creations, Mandy! All the embossing on the white gives it so much contrast and dimension and the pretty pastels on the second card make me long for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Mandy these are gorgeous. That WOW card is simply stunning and your Willow card is so sweet. Love them both!
    big hugs
    Dawn xxx
    PS. Still waiting!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw you on MIM and had to take a closer look. Your WOW card is really WOW! I love it.

    kReN
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards Mandy :-) the WOW one IS a WOW !!! what a stunner !! Love the 2nd card too ,,, love the cheerful colours and all the details :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ooh ,, be careful going up and down the ladder to the attic !! hope hubs is getting better and better xxx thinking of you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two stunning cards Mandy, love them both.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so beautiful l just love the WOW card full of lovely elements and the coloured one is just soooo beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG i haven't enough words to say how i love your cards !
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bridget here ashamed not been for a while hope you are all okay and gorgeous cards as always
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think there's anything as elegant as an all-white card, Mandy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing beautiful wow card Mandy and love the sweet woj one as well.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Cards... Fab die cuts on the white on white card.. Gorgeous Embossing and FAB panels and sewing.. Your Whiff of Joy card is Beautiful too.. Great Details.. Stunning Colors. and The Flower Decoration is Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both fabulous card Mandy but the WoW blows me away!!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely monochromatic card, Mandy! The detailing you do is just fantastic :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your white congratulations card is stunning. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome cards, Mandy!!! The embossed pattern on the first card looks great and I love your beautifully colored image on the second card! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous cards Mandy!! Love all of the embossing on the 1st one! Wow!!

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, both of these are fabulous Mandy. But I really love the white on white :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. 2 stunners mandy ...love the elegant white on white card ,so pretty and dainty
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Mandy i love your cards, the WOW cards are stunning!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards
    love the white embossing
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mandy wow love the cards! you did a neat job with the pearl pen!! stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins