Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 8 May 2019

For A Special Lady - Simon Says Stamp DT

Good afternoon lovely peeps!


 at

This week our challenge is
For A Special Lady!

The design team are featuring

Altenew logo

products on our cards this week.
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.
Do you use Instagram?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 

I have again been productive in my craft room this week & have two cards to share. On my first card I am featuring Altenew Build A Flower Gardenia stamps & dies set, Watercolour Stripes Stencil Altenew Watercolour Pan Set

I heat embossed my flowers and leaves onto Canson XL Watercolour paper with white embossing powder & then water coloured them using my Altenew watercolour paint pans which I am really enjoying using at the moment. 

For my background I blended some Bundled Sage distress Ink over my Altenew Watercolour Stripes Stencil & also used some pretty Moda Scraps Let Your Soul Bloom paper & as you can see my card is very green today which I hadn't originally intended but it just happened! 

The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps Sketched Flowers stamps set & I have stamped it using Simon Says Stamp Black pigment ink I did regret sewing my papers as I am still having problems with my thumb & tying the knots with cotton proved impossible!

As the flowers are so big and pretty I have simply added some Twine, Pearls, Simon's Flickering Butterflies & Simply White Crystal Drops.

 Other supplies used -

As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 




 I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Crafty Creations - anything goes,  Lemon Shortbread - anything goes, Creative Moments  anything goes, The Crafty Addicts - anything goes,  Crafting From The Heart - anything goes, Get Creative Challenges - anything goes.

My second card today has the flower on it that I originally intended for my card above but changed my mind about the colour of the flowers I wanted on the above card & it has been heat embossed & water coloured as before.


I have used the same stamps & dies from the Build A Flower Gardenia set to create a shaker card using Altenews Watercolour Stripes Cover Die and have added an assortment of different sets of sequins to my shaker. 

I have die cut Simon Says Stamps large Devonshire & Paulina butterfly dies, the Paulina butterfly was die cut using Canson XL Watercolour paper & then given a wash of paint from my Watercolour Pan Set to match the flower. These butterflies have featured many times on my cards over the years & are still firm favourites of mine.

The sentiment is from Simon's Beautiful Flowers stamps set & has been heat embossed onto SSS Fog Gray card stock.



3 comments:

  1. Another swooner post today, Mandy! (is that a word??) I ADORE your pretty green gardenias, such a delicate color! The purple card is lovely, too! Better go put this flower on my wishlist, it's a favorite of my Mom's......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Mandy :-) both of them are absolutely stunning!!! I just love them both! so beautifully done!!
    As for tying knots, I always just used some tape on the back of the card to stick the ends down, easier than tying knots I think, have you tried that? XX

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins