Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Merry Christmas - Simon Says Stamp DT Card

Hello peeps,
Hubby has been away for a couple of days taking one of his residents away on a mini break and I have actually caught up with a few crafty makes on my to do list and caught up with lots of blogging friends :)

I often get asked how long a card takes me to make and the honest answer is hours! I'm not one of these people who can knock out several cards a day, for one I never sit still long enough & if I don't have a particular stamp or papers in mind that I want to use it's a task in itself trying to decide lol. I also fiddle & rearrange embellies for a ridiculous amount of time, & I wander off and potter around the house or garden, the dogs usually need a run in the field at some point during the card making process as I can't cope with those big brown eyes pleading with me to take them out, and then my shoulder will need a rest, I'll need coffee & then there's the unexpected visitors who also need coffee, sound familiar or am I just a real fidget who tries to do twenty different things at once which is why a card takes me forever to make lol.

Today is new challenge day at
& this week it's that old favourite

My lovely teamies & I are featuring October Afternoon products on our cards this week, if you have them we'd love to see them but as always it's not compulsory to enter our challenge :)
 Ingredients -
Image - Magnolia, Tilda with Cat, Medium - Copics, Doily - Royal Lace, Charm - Darice, Pearls - Melissa Frances, Flowers - Magnolia Gardenia & Rose, Wooden snowflake - Maya Road, Sparkle - dazzling diamonds glimmer mist
 The Copic Colours I've used are -
skin - E11, E00, E000, R20, E93, hair - E44, E43, E41, dress - R89, R59, R39 / C1, C00, waistcoat - W2, W0, W00, sign - W4, W2, W00, cat - C3, C1, C0, C00, RV63
As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a fabby $50 is store spending spree
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog
Don't forget an amazing month of STAMPtember celebrations continues on the SIMON SAYS STAMP STORE BLOG with so many lovely prizes, discount codes and guest designers galore :)
Keep Pinning those products my fellow Pinterest addicts, I love the way I am discovering new products on Pinterest as well as in store :)
My STAMPtember board is HERE, you may just find a little Magnolia or two pinned on there lol.
My lovely friend Janette keeps asking "how do I get out" as she's well and truly hooked too. I would say don't even bother trying just keep pinning lol.
I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Make It Monday - anything goes, Inspire Me Friday - anything goes, Just Magnolia - use something new (stamp & papers)
I'm sat here like lady muck as I've pulled the recliner out so I've got my feet up and I've been daydreaming watching the rain hit the window. I'm all snuggled and comfy & hubby will be home this evening so I think I'll leave the long dog walk for him today as he's bound to have missed taking the puppy's out, looking out the window at that rain that's my theory and I'm sticking to it lol.
Thanks for stopping by

Follow Me on Pinterest

53 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful Christmas card. I love the floral. Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Очень красиво!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, Mandy. I love the large flower.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card,I like the flower en the little bell.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Mandy. I love the image and all that gorgeous detailing

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! You colored that sweet pair just perfectly and I love the deep, rich, red tones! The jingle bell makes me happy, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mandy, I love this Tilda, she is wo sweet and your colouring is fab. Those papers are super.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Mandy! Your cards always so lovely!

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally GORGEOUS, Mandy!!!! Superb job coloring this cutie....adore your beautiful design and stunning details!!!!! Love the punched border!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Mandy, love the image. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Mandy...:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mandy! Another gorgeous creation, if somewhat under embellished for you?! You've certainly shown restraint from your usual style ;o), but it works just as well!! Love your punched card base, fabulous stitching detail and stunning choice of papers and flowers, plus your colouring is great...in short, I love it all! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pleased you are fidget bum like me, and love your creations the burgundy on her dress on this one is gorgeous and love your stitching, did you see my first attempt
    Hugs Bridget
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Mandy ,, Tilda is lovely and the papers and layout are fab ,, gorgeous embellies too ,, I absolutely LOVE the snowflake and flower arrangement ,,, and the BIG jingle bell too :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the rich burgundy you used on your card, Mandy! And the bell and mistletoe embellies are perfect additions!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card as always Mandy...

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Mandy this is absolutely beautiful I love that image of Tilda the design is spectacular.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card. I love the stitching.

    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adore it Mandy - isn't it great when you manage to catch up with things. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mandy,
    Beautiful card. Love the little bell and beautiful coloring. I am so happy to hear that I am not the only one that takes hours to make a card. Not only that, I tear up my entire craft room because everything comes out! I had to move to the dining room because I don't have the space to assemble my card. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Its gorgeous Mandy. Your stitching is sooo perfect! All those hours are definitely visible. Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh so cute, Mandy! I really love the jingle bell embellishment & the colors on this card!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mandy, Your Christmas card is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  24. How Sweet! Love that snowflake! Found you through Make It Monday challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning, Mandy! Beautiful colors, and love that little jingle bell! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love it and so, so glad that I'm not the only one that takes hours to complete a card ... lol!

    This is really a very pretty card.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card! Love the rich colors and wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  28. hi mandy, lovely creation xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a gorgeous card with so wonderful colours.
    Hugs
    Melodie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow hunny, what an lovely card!!!

    Many hugs

    Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful card, so pretty. I love the flowers :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so beautiful hunnie...gorgeous colouring as always and such a lovely flower arrangement...stunning!!
    Thank you also for sharing it with us at Make it Monday...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful Mandy. I love the colors and the flower is beautiful. Of course your coloring is outstanding. Just a wonderful Christmas Card. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful, Mandy!! Hugs, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your very pretty card Mandy, love the OA papers you used and your gorgeous flowers.

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  36. as always a beautiful card,youre colouring is awesome and the layout and attention to detail is as always perfect.. . It's good to know i'm not alone in my slow card making every decision takes me forever ... LOL.. love your blog.. love your work its a joy to visit..x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Prachtig mooi kaartje Mandy.
    Echt schitterend.

    Gr Leny Hempen

    ReplyDelete
  38. Just gorgeous Mandy, a fabulous design and I just love all details and the rich colours.

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous Christmas card Mandy, beautiful image and colouring, love the details and design..


    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Mandy, love your card! Great image and I love that plaid background paper! Have a great weekend, hugs FRea

    ReplyDelete
  41. Mandy, This is so beautiful. I love the rich colors and all of the beautiful details. Of course I adore Tilda and your coloring is gorgeous as always.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Super sweet and awesome coloring. Love the little bell!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Stunning card Mandy as always. Love this Tilda with her cat she is my favourite!!
    Hugs Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Absolutely stunning card Mandy, I love everything about it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is so lovely and rich looking!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Brilliant card Mandy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a beautiful Christmas card with a lovely stamp.

    Hugs Astrid.
    http://creaastrid.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  48. Gorgeous creation Mandy love the colouring and beautiful image.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  49. gorgeous as always Mandy! love that little singing cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love this card Mandy. Beautiful colours.

    Berni
    x

    ReplyDelete
  51. OH !!!!

    The only word who comes to me is :

    WAOUHHHHHHH !!!
    This card is marvellous !!

    xxx Hugs from France xxx
    Lunéa ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins