Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Joyful Tilda - Simon Says Stamp DT Card

Hello peeps,
I've made a big mistake! I decided to brave taking the dogs in the field as they hadn't had a good run in a few days due to the floods, they went out as brown and white dogs and came in as soaking wet dark brown dogs but they had a wonderful time, as did I squelching my way around in my welly's, we all needed a hose down in the garden after. I had everything prepared expecting to have muddy pups, I just hadn't bargained on how muddy lol. I'd put the dogs towels by the back door ready to give them a rub down, hairdryer in the kitchen to finish drying them, dry shampoo, deodorant & brush at the ready I just didn't think about not being able to dry them both at the same time, so while Jester was having his blow dry Dude was having a good old shake & OMG my kitchen walls, table, units & me were well and truly splattered & all I could do was sit on the floor horrified but laughing as there was nothing I could do to stop him lol. If I'd stopped blow drying Jester to stop Dude shaking everywhere he'd have done the same so what else can you do but laugh lol. 
There was me thinking I'd have a relaxing day & walk the dogs before writing my post & then head for my craft room but instead I'm late with my post and I've been cleaning for what feels like hours, & then I needed a bath, so the idea of getting in my craft room was just a dream lol. I think we'll stick to pounding the pavements & looking at people's Christmas lights for a few more days, round here there seem to be loads of Christmas lights up already :)

Today is new challenge day at
& this week our challenge is a
ANYTHING GOES

My lovely teamies and I are featuring Martha Stewart products on our creations this week which as you can probably tell is a huge favourite of mine :)
Sorry the piccy's aren't the best, I'm beginning to think I should have kept the nice new posh camera I bought for hubby & Jode to take to Portugal with them and given them my little Kodak camera instead, I slipped up there lol.

I have finally got around to having a play with the Martha Stewart crafters clay I bought months ago, all the leaves are made with it and it has a lovely texture when you play with it, almost like marshmallows, and even when it is dry it doesn't feel like normal clay it's really light which makes it perfect for card embellies and you can colour it with distress inks I discovered which I did on the fern leaf. A little tip is, I found when using the fern leaf mould always let the clay dry for at least a few hours before attempting to take the leaf out of the mould otherwise it just doesn't play nice and you end up with a deformed leaf.
The Copic Colours I've used are -
skin - E21, E00, E000, R20, E93, hair - E25, E31, E50, clothes - R89, R59, R39 / C1, C0, C00 socks - C1, C00, tray - W4, W2, W00, cookies - E35, E33, E31, teapot - C3, C1, C00, baubles - Y26, Y23, Y21 / Y28, greenery - YG97, YG95, YG93
As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a fabby $50 is store spending spree
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

Simon Says Stamp
Don't forget to visit the SIMON SAYS STAMP STORE BLOG  peeps for inspiration, candy and lots of  lovely new or featured products.
I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Make It Monday - anything goes, Inspire Me Friday - anything goes
If you haven't already enjoyed the 
 it closes as midnight EST time which if I remember rightly is 6am tomorrow morning for us in the UK and you could win a cash donation to a charity of your choice which is such a lovely idea :)
  Thanks for stopping by
Follow Me on Pinterest


41 comments:

  1. Stunning card Mandy and i love your colouring of this cute Tilda!!
    Hugs Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning, Mandy! Love the twine bow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Mandy. both image and colours ar fab, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what superb card mandy just love it with all those gorgeous trimming hugs sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Joyful" is the operative word here, Mandy - so many gorgeous embellies! Love your new blog header, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super gorgeous Mandy. Hope you are now sitting with your feet up and having a good rest. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is gorgeous Mandy. I love the sweet image, your wonderful colouring and all your fabulous detailing too.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I know what you mean about the dogs. Reminded me of my two dogs when they were puppies.
    Stunning card. Just love the background and the gorgeous tilda. I have't stamp her yet.
    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally gorgeous Mandy....:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, that fern leave is amazing!!! I love your card and colouring!!! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just amazing Mandy!! Absolutely stunning!! Love that Tilda!!

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a spectacular creation, Mandy....absolutely exquisite!
    Adore your superb coloring and stunning design work! Love the beautiful punched edges...soooooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooooooo beautiful! <3 Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mandy, this is so gorgeous. Love the image and the embellishments.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mandy,
    about the dogs I understend you, I have two, lhasa apso.
    Your card with Tilda is stunning. Love it.
    Have a nice evening. Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mandy this is gorgeous the image and layout are stunning. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card dearest Mandy:) This Tilda is adorable and beautiful the background stamp:)
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh baby girl this is divine. I love it to bits.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    PS - It's nice to be home!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Mandy this is so stunning what an array of loveliness! Hugs rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mandy, this is a gorgeous card. Love the cute Tilda, coloured beautifully and the leaf looks fab.
    Hope the dogs enjoy the christmas lights lol!
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow!! Stunning work, Mandy! I love the multi colored baker's twine bow :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just delightful! This is a card I would probably frame & use as wall art! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. bonjour, votre carte est sublime dans son intégralité, j'adore !
    j'ai acheté ce superbe tampon de Tilda mais je ne connaissais pas ce magnifique décor de Noël que vous avez utilisé . Bravo !!
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Mandy :-) all the details are amazing and I love the flower arrangement with trailing stars ,, so pretty :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Love!!! It's been ages and ages since I've come to see ya :( Lots happening here with GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS creations - but I wouldn't expect anything less than that from you, you're so very gifted! I LOVE everything you make ♥ Hoping your week is DRY and safe!!!
    Love you always ♥ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful, gorgeous cards since my last visit :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely stunning, just gorgeous. Love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just fabulous hun! Simply brilliant. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is an eyecatcher! Absoloutly wonderful. Tilda is such a beauty and your design is stunning.
    Hugs
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful Card Mandy and the leaves look fab!

    Hugs,
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very beautiful card Mandy with lots of lovely pretty details as always. Love your leaf !

    Take care and keep dry !

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fabulous card and image Mandy..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is gorgeous Mandy! You really did a great job coloring this image - and all the little details:)
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh dear Mandy~~Thanks for giggle about the dogs......too cute but you were so well prepared:)
    Your card is LOVELY as always--Like the clay fern!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh wow, this is stunning Mandy, I love everything about it. Apologies for being awol, lots on and blogging has taken a backseat lately, missed seeing your beautiful work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful colors.. and So fun Decorations.. Love the image.. She looks like she loves it.. Who doesn´t love visitors... I do.. :o).. Fab colors on the punched edge around the card.. And I love the stars! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is just gorgeous Mandy,love the colours and your design is beautiful.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi hun, just me, hope your ok, did you get my last e-mail?

    hope the floods have all gone and your mums isn't too bad, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Absolutely gorgeous Mandy these two stamps look lovely together xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Just stunning! I love this little Tilda image and you colored her to perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins