Thank you for following me xx

Wednesday 3 July 2019

Beautiful Mermaids! - Simon Says Stamp DT

Good afternoon lovely peeps!



 at

This week our challenge is

Stars & / or Stripes!

The design team are featuring

My Favorite Things logo

products on our cards this week.
Don't forget you can enter our challenge 5 times and there is no limit to how many challenges you combine your entry with.
Do you use Instagram?  If so, please add #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too. 


Today's card features My Favourite Things Stitched Star Peek A Boo Window which I've just discovered is sadly no longer available in store but there are lots of alternatives available here.

 To create my background I took some Canson XL watercolour paper  which I added some simple stripes of different shades of blue watercolour paint using my Altenew Watercolour Pan Set & water to represent the sea. 

Once dry I stamped the bubbles from Simon Says Stamps Beautiful Mermaid stamps set in Simon's white pigment ink onto it my background & allowed the ink to dry then added some darker blue watercolour paint to the bubbles. The mermaid, star fish & oyster are all from Simon's Beautiful Mermaids stamp set & have been stamped in Memento & coloured with my copics. The sentiment has been stamped in Simon's Black Pigment ink as I find it gives a crisper result than Memento so is always my chosen ink pad to stamp sentiments in black ink with.

I've attached a double layer of fun foam to the reverse of my image & added a Hero Arts Pearl to the oyster in the shaker window & some Sea Breeze Jewel Drops &  Simply White Crystal Drops to embellish.

 Other supplies used -



As always our lovely Heidi is sponsoring our challenge with a $50 voucher for the fabulous 




I'm entering my card in the following challenges -
Crafty Creations - anything goes,  Lemon Shortbread - anything goes, Creative Moments  anything goes, The Crafty Addicts - anything goes,  Crafting From The Heart - anything goes, Get Creative Challenges - anything goes,  Through The Craft Room Door - anything goes


7 comments:

  1. so very pretty card, lovely mermaid!!
    congrats Mandy
    have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty lovely cute image too l once had hair nearly that colour it was a shade of blue lol not appropriate while working with the public xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mandy your card is super cute!! Love the sea background and that shaker star!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Mandy :-) the mermaid is beautiful and I love the background and star shaker, totally fabulous! :-)

    Hope you have a great week!
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful creation with the cut out star

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card makes me think of our recent acquarium visit--love it! The star shape for the shaker is brilliant, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for hopping over to visit & taking the time to leave a comment
Mandy xx

Pinterest Latest Pins